In compliance with Law 19/2014, about "transparency, access to public information and good governance", and Law 21/2014, about "Foundations and verification of activities by public service associations", in this section you will find detailed information about the ICN2.
ICN2 is organised in Research Groups and Departments. It is led by its Director who reports to the Board of Patrons and is advised by the Scientific Advisory Board.
You can learn more about the Organisational Chart and the structure of ICN2 in the following section of the ICN2 website: Organisation
FOUNDING DOCUMENTS AND OTHER AGREEMENTS
- The foundation of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology was formally announced in different documents of the Official Journal (Diari oficial) of the Generalitat de Catalunya (Catalan Government): http://dogc.gencat.cat/ca/pdogc_canals_interns/pdogc_resultats_fitxa/?action=fitxa&documentId=706774
- RESOLUTION UNI/940/2003, April 9, through which the “Special action for the development of nanoscience and nanotechnology in Catalonia” is created. http://dogc.gencat.cat/ca/pdogc_canals_interns/pdogc_resultats_fitxa/?action=fitxa&documentId=329320
- RESOLUTION ECO/2405/2015, October 21, which announces the research centers in Catalonia recognised as CERCA Centers. http://dogc.gencat.cat/ca/pdogc_canals_interns/pdogc_resultats_fitxa/?action=fitxa&documentId=706774
- Other Agreements:
Collective Bargaining Agreement. The present agreement, ratified in March 2015, contains the working conditions of the ICN2 personnel. Collective_Bargaining_Agreement_ICN2.pdf
ICN2 provides access to insightful resources, such as specialised facilities and equipment, together with highly qualified technical assistance. The objective is contributing to the development of projects of interest for the industrial sector or the scientific community.
All the available information regarding the Services offered by ICN2 is available in the following section of the website: Services
Highest-level positions and public employees
ICN2 does not have any position which can be considered a Highest level position according to the Law 13/2005, December 27. For further information:
ECONOMY and FINANCE
- Approved, executed and liquidation budget:
The ICN2 budget-related information is periodically informed to the Generalitat de Catalunya (Catalan Government), which shares such data through the following website: http://economia.gencat.cat/ca/70_ambits_actuacio/pressupostos/
- Audited Annual Accounts 2015
All financial information is available in the following document with detailed financial information related to the activity developed at ICN2.
- Public Procurement Registry.
Citizens are invited to access the information shared at the Public Procurement Registry through the website of the Economy and Knowledge Department of the Generalitat de Catalunya (Catalan Government). This portal offers the available data regarding public procurement informed to the registry up to the search date. http://economia.gencat.cat/ca/70_ambits_actuacio/contractacio_publica/junta_consultiva_de_contractacio_administrativa/registre_public_de_contractes/acces-public-/
- The Human Resources Department focuses on the attraction, selection, training, assessment and rewarding of leading scientists and administrative personnel in compliance with employment and labour laws. It is foremost devoted to ensuring the Institute’s mission, vision, values and guiding principles, and promotes that the Institute meets its goals of excellence. The available job offers in order to become an ICN2 member are published and managed through the following website: http://jobs.icn2.cat/.
- Contractor profile. ICN2, as a public institute funded by the Catalan government, is subject to the law of public sector contracts (LCSP). Learn more about it at the Contractor Profile section.
REPORTS and Plans:
Plans and procedures
- Human resources strategy for researchers action plan. ICN2 welcomes the Commission Recommendation of 11 March 2005 and commits itself to applying the stated principles in The European Charter for Researchers and The Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers. Therefore, the Institute develops through its Human Resources Department an Action Plan to ensure that the Institute meets its goals of excellence and meets the principles set out in the aforementioned Charter.
- Equal Opportunities and Diversity Management Plan. The following document is the result of two years of diagnosis and discussion within the ICN2 Equal Opportunities Committee and aligned with the Severo Ochoa Program objectives. The Plan presented on february first seeks, among others, to ensure that ICN2 offers equal opportunities for men and women and to promote the development of women in the scientific career.
- Procedure for the prevention, detection and treatment of harassment situations. ICN2 has respect for people as a core value. A new example of this institutional compromise is the institutional Procedure for the prevention, detection and treatment of harassment situations. The purpose of this procedure is to foster an environment in which mobbing, harassment or intimidation are acknowledged as unacceptable and are not tolerated by the Institute.
Last update: December 14 2016