- Use of electron microscopy techniques for nanoscience and nanotechnology research and applications
- Scientific-technical support both for internal research groups of the institute and external scientists and companies
- Study of the structure and chemistry of functional carbon nanotubes
- Exploration of 2-D layered inorganic nanotube systems
- Electron microscopy studies on graphene
The Electron Microscopy Division focuses on the use of electron microscopy techniques for nanoscience and nanotechnology research and applications. The main aim of the Division is to provide scientific-technical support to the ICN2 research lines and to neighbouring research centres, as well as developing and implementing novel related techniques. The laboratory has active collaborations with other research institutions and is becoming increasingly involved in European networks. Moreover, it has been selected by FEI as a Centre of Reference for development of joint experiments and workshops related with electron microscopy.