INSTITUT CATALÀ DE NANOCIÈNCIA I NANOTECNOLOGIA (ICN2)
UAB Campus, Bellaterra (Barcelona)
Phone: + 34 937 372 649
Fax: + 34 936 917 640
Where we are
CAMPUS UAB MAP
How to get to ICN2. Itineraries
1. AP-7 Motorway - towards Girona
- Exit from Barcelona through Diagonal heading to B23/E90 Lleida-Tarragona
- Continue on E-90/AP-2/Lleida-Zaragoza-Tarragona-Girona (12 km)
- Take exit 25 and merge onto E-15/AP-7 towards Terrassa-Manresa-Girona
- Take exit 21 onto Bellaterra, heading to B-30/Cerdanyola del Vallès/AP-7/Girona/C-58
- Follow the indications to Cerdanyola/Bellaterra/St.Cugat/Parc Tecnològic del Vallès
2. C-58 Motorway-Cerdanyola del Vallès
From Meridiana-Direct access to C-58
From Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes - Exit 209 to merge onto B-10/Ronda Litoral
From Ronda Litoral - Exit 30 and merge onto C-58
From Ronda de Dalt - Exit 1 and merge onto C-58
- Continue onto C-58 Autopista del Vallès
- Take Exit 8 and keep right onto B-30, keep right onto B-30, E-90/AP-2/Lleida/E-15/AP-7 Tarragona
- Continue on the right lane onto E-15
- Take Exit 7 towards Cerdanyola del Vallès
- At the roundabout take exit 2 onto UAB
1. RENFE (Suburban railway service)
- Line R7 Cerdanyola Universitat station
- Duration of the journey: 28 min, departures every 30 min from Pl. Catalunya
To get to the campus from the station, cross over the Autopista del Mediterráneo (name of the highway), through the bridge at the crossing situated on the left of the station exit. This distance can be covered either on foot or by the UAB internal bus service.
Links Cercanias (Rodalies) Barcelona:
2. FGC (Ferrocarrils Generalitat de Catalunya)
A) From Pl. Catalunya
- S55 Line towards Universitat Autònoma
- S2 Line towards Sabadell-Rambla
Duration of the journey: (40 min, 14 stops), departures every 6-12 min.
From the Universitat Autònoma station wak towards Plaza Cívica and keep straight on the main avenue called Eje Central up to the CM3 building (11 min approx.) Once at CM3, to reach the Eureka builing or APPLUS, you must continue up to the following roundabout and turn right until you get to the following roundabout (18 min approx.) See the UAB Map and click on it to enlarge it.
B) From Sabadell - Sabadell Rambla and Sabadell Estació
- Line S2
- Get off at Universitat AutònomaSTATION
C) From Terrassa - Terrassa Rambla
- Line S1
- Change trains at Sant Cugat station
- Take line S2 and get off at the Universitat Autònoma station
1. BUS LINES
The UAB campus receives visitors from many locations, both from its vicinity and from further regions. The following bus companies cover on a regular basis the distance between these locations and the UAB campus:
- From Barcelona, Cerdanyola del Vallès, Mataró and Montcada i Reixac: http://www.sarbus.com
- From Manresa, Sta. Perpètua de Mogoda, Girona, Granollers and Vic: http://www.sagales.com
- From Badalona and Montcada i Reixac: http://www.autocaresfont.es
- From Igualada: http://www.igualadina.com
- From Lleida: http://www.alsa.es
2. UAB INTERNAL BUS SERVICE
From Monday to Friday the UAB offers its own bus service, connecting the whole campus with the Cerdanyola Universidad Renfe Station, which solves the problem of travelling on the campus. This service offers 5 buslines with a frequency ranging from 10 to 40 minutes, thus solving internal campus movility.
- Closest stop to CM3: Enginyeria - SAF
- Closest stop to CNM, CIN2, CM7 and EE: Ciències i Biociències
- Closest stop to Eureka and Applus buildings: Eureka
- Stops: http://www.uab.cat/Document/948/852/Linies_parades_UAB.pdf
UAB link on accesses/transport/movility:
FROM THE AIRPORT TO THE UAB CAMPUS
A) By rail –RENFE– to the Barcelona-Plaça Catalunya station.
The journeys are about 25 minutes long. Once you reach the station, you should take the Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya (towards Sabadell) and get off at Bellaterra station or Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona station (right on the campus).
B) By rail –RENFE–to the Barcelona-Sants station.
The journeys are 18 minutes long.
Once in Barcelona-Sants station, you have to change trains and take another one heading for Cerdanyola-Universitat station, where there is a connection with the UAB internal bus service.
A) By bus (Aerobus)
Departures every 5 minutes from any of the airports terminals (T1 o T2). The jouney to Plaza Cataluña is about 35 minutes. There are stops at Plaza España, Sant Station and Plaza Catalulña.
Aerobus timetable (365 days of the year):
T1 Terminal (Airport) - Pl. Catalunya (Barcelona)
From 06.10 hr to 07.30 hr every 10 min
From 07.30 hr to 22.25 hr every 5 min
From 22.25 hr to 01.05 hr every 10 min
T2 Terminal (Airport) - Pl. Catalunya (Barcelona)
From 06.00 hr to 07.00 hr every 20 min
From 07.00 hr to 23.00 hr every 10 min
From 23.00 hr to 01.00 hr every 20 min
B) TMB bus from the airport to the city centre (number 46)
This bus runs between 5.00 to 00.15 am and has stops in both airport terminals. It has more stops than the Aerobus, therefore it takes longer to get to the city centre. The advantadge of this service is that, unlike the Aerobus, you can use a T10 card. You can use this card for RENFE railways, the Ferrocarriles de la Generalitat de Cataluña (FGC), the subway, the tramway and the buses running within the metropolitan area number 1.
C) Night bus from the airport: NitBus N17
NitBus is the bus that connects the Barcelona airport terminals (T1 and T2) with the city centre and vice-versa, from 21.50 to 04.50 am.
The official taxis in Barcelona are yellow and black and have a green light on the top, which stays on whenever the service is available. You will find a taxi area by any of the main exits of the terminal: Terminal 1 (T1) or Terminal 2 (and by any of the 3 buildings of Terminal 2 - T2A, T2B or T2C). You only have to look for the signs indicating the nearest taxi area. The jouney to the UAB campus lasts about 35 minutes in normal traffic conditions.