Main Research Lines
- Future and emerging technologies
- Mussel-Inspired Hydrophobic Coatings for improved adhesion properties, water-repellent and functional oil removal interphases
- Development of novel coordination polymer particles for Biomedicine, including drug delivery and MRI
- Novel approaches for the fabrication of spin transition molecular nanoparticles with designed morphologies and smart responses in front of external stimuli
- Novel micromotors with enhanced performances and durability
The objective of the Nanostructured Functional Materials group (NANOSFUN) is to obtain (bio) molecular nanostructures with tailored properties and smart responses to external stimuli, taking advantage of the flexibility and richness of (supra)molecular chemistry and self-assembly processes.
CSIC Research Scientist
Daniel Ruiz-Molina earned his PhD on polyradical dendrimers at the Institute of Materials Science of Barcelona (CSIC) with Prof Jaume Veciana. Afterwards he took a postdoctoral position at the UC San Diego working on single-molecule magnets and molecular switches for three years.
Temperature-Controlled Switchable Photochromism in Solid Materials
Julià-López A., Hernando J., Ruiz-Molina D., González-Monje P., Sedó J., Roscini C. Angewandte Chemie - International Edition (2016)